OBJECTIVE: A career in the field of information technology.
Summary of Qualifications
- Microsoft Certified Professional.
- Currently working towards MCSE.
- Nearly 20 years of work- and hobby-related computer experience.
- Extensive experience with word processors, spreadsheets and databases.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS. (View my hand-coded web site).
- Both, self-motivated worker and experienced team player.
- Proven record of reliability and integrity.
- Extensive experience in customer relations.
- Proven superior writing skills.
- Experienced troubleshooter.
Relevant Experience and Accomplishments
Computers & Computing
- 1978 - 1989: Proprietor of The Book Trader. Designed, set up and maintained inventory control and bookkeeping applications on the Apple II platform.
- 1987: Pyramid Computing. Design and transport of a Pascal database application for the lighting industry to the Apple (CP/M) platform.
- 1989 - present: Rural Letter Carrier. Temporary assignments, oversight of computer operations during National Mail Counts. Data entry, report generation, tutoring and troubleshooting.
- 1979 - present: Installations of desktop operating systems and applications for friends, coworkers and acquaintances. (References available).
- 1979 - present: Troubleshooting sessions on desktop computers for friends, coworkers and acquaintances. (References available).
- 1993 - present: Up and Running Computers. Designing and implementing business-specific relational database applications.
- Present: Designing, implementing and maintaining a personal web site.
Analysis, Troubleshooting & Organizational Skills
- 1971 - 1973: New Car Prep/Light Repair mechanic. Diagnosis and repair of automotive problems.
- 1997 - present: USPS QWL/EI work team member. Joint management/employee troubleshooting workteam. Sponsored District Safety Rodeo, addressed safety issues, etc..
- July, 1999 - present: Elected member, District 2 Executive Committee of the Florida Rural Letter Carriers' Association.
- Organizing and Helping run Association membership and board meetings.
- Organizing and chairing committees.
- Current Chair, District 2 Audit Committee.
- Layout and editorial content of Association notices.
- 1978 - 1989: Proprietor of The Book Trader, a retail bookstore.
- 1989 - present: Rural Letter Carrier, front-line contact between the USPS and its customers.
Written & Verbal Communication
- 1977: Major award in fiction, Jules & Avery Hopwood Literary Awards.
- 1978: First place, Writer's Digest Creative Writing Contest, fiction.
- 1999: Moderator for the Fort Myers area-wide QWL/EI brainstorm.
Reliability & Integrity
- 1992: First part-time Fort Myers area Postal Service employee given Employee of the Month award.
- 1994: Perfect attendance award.
- 1999: Award for maintaining a perfect driving record.
- 1999: Commendation for accumulating 500 hours of sick leave.
- 1973 - 1978: University of Michigan – BA in English and Political Science. Graduated with honors.
- June, 1999 - present: Florida Gulf Coast University – Hands-on training program for MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) certification program. Courses:
- Networking Essentials (32 hours)
- Microsoft NT 4.0 Administration (24 hours)
- Supporting MS Windows NT 4.0 Core Technologies (40 hours)
- Internetworking MS TCP/IP on MS Windows NT (40 hours)
- MS Windows NT 4.0 Enterprise Technologies (40 hours)
- Creating & Configuring a Web Server Using Microsoft Tools (24 hours)